Thursday 9 March 2017

The Readings Childrens Book Prize 2017 Shortlist



There have been lots of great book lists in the past few weeks. Too many to keep up with!


The Readings Children's Book Prize was established in 2014, so this is the fourth year for the prize to be awarded. The 2017 Shortlist has just been announced. In previous years I'd managed to read two of the shortlisted books before the announcement. Clearly I am behind the action this year as not only have I not really heard of these books, sadly I haven't read any. 



A Most Magical Girl - Karen Foxlee WINNER


Grover Finds a Home - Claire Garth (see my review)


Escape to Moon Islands - Mardi McConnochie


Elizabeth and Zenobia - Jessica Miller


Squishy Taylor and the Bonus Sisters - Ailsa Wild (see my review)


The Secrets We Keep - Nova Weetman


I've just noticed- they're all written by women! Which is great, but now I just need to read 6 more books...


The winner will be announced late April. 

3 comments:

Brona said...

Wahoo! I've read 2 of them - the Karen Foxlee and Squishy Taylor - my job is done!

Louise said...

Indeed you have. I'm jealous. I can't remember you reading these, will have to check if you blogged about them.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

None of these are familiar to me. Again, I ask publishers, why not share more international authors?