Thursday 19 June 2014

King Pig


Nick Bland has been everywhere in picture books over the last few years. Author and illustrator of the hugely successful The Very Cranky Bear, and author of the CBCA Early Childhood Book of the Year 2012 The Runaway Hug (see my review).

King Pig is a kind-of modern day Emporer's New Clothes. King Pig just can't understand why the sheep don't adore him.



But I think we can. 

King Pig just wants to be liked, but doesn't really know how to go about it.



Wonderfully illustrated King Pig is a funny tale about how to be a friend, it is shortlisted for the 2014 CBCA Picture Book of the Year.

3 comments:

Brona said...

I loved The Runaway Hug and preferred Cranky Bear to all the other bears that came after.

I can see we're both trying to get through this years shortlist in record time!

Louise said...

Yes we are! I've read all of the picture books now, just need to catch up with the blogging of them.

I'm more excited than I should be about having read 6 picture books- but it does mark the first time ever that I've read any full list of an award before it was announced. I won't get through all the other lists, but will try and get a few more titles done.

I'm not sure that I've read any of the Cranky Bear/Other Bear books.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Not available here...not available here...not available here. Very annoying.