Thursday 11 May 2017

Readings YA Books That Teach Empathy

I just couldn't ignore this list from Readings as I'd just recently found another list of books that teach empathy. Too much of a coincidence? They're quite different lists actually. But both intriguing.

Readings also have a list of Children's Books That Teach Empathy.



When Michael Met Mina - Randa Abdel-Fatah
Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher




The Things We Promise - J.C. Burke

Freedom Swimmer - Wai Chim
Max - Sarah Cohen-Scali, Penny Hueston
The Bone Sparrow - Zana Fraillon
Becoming Kirrali Lewis - Jane Harrison
Everything Beautiful - Simmone Howell
Becoming Aurora - Elizabeth Kasmer
Sister Heart - Sally Morgan (see my review)
Mr Romanov's Garden in the Sky - Robert Newton



Beck - Mal Peet, Meg Rosoff
This One Summer - Jillian Tamaki, Mariko Tamaki
The Hate U Give - Angie Thomas (see my review)
All I Ever Wanted - Vikki Wakefield
Trouble Tomorrow - Terry Whitebeach, Sarafino Wani Enadio
The Sun is Also a Star - Nicola Yoon
The Protected - Claire Zorn (see my review)

2/18



June 2018 3/18 Such rapid progress!

2 comments:

Brona said...

I'm always delighted to see Vicki Wakefield on any list - she's my fav YA author ATM :-)

Louise said...

I'm very annoyed at myself for not having read any Vikki Wakefield. I saw her speak at SWF a few years ago, and I really really want to read her- I have some in the house. I need to get around to it sooner rather than later, and of course a recommendation like that from you Brona adds considerable weight.