Thursday 13 April 2017

30 of the Best Books to Teach Children Empathy

I'm not sure about a list for teaching empathy, or reading with that expressly in mind. But this is a great list regardless of your reading intentions. So many intriguing books, and as always some are new to me.

El Deafo - Cece Bell (see my review)


Wonder - R.J Palacio (see my review)


Fish in a Tree - Lynda Mullaly Hunt





365 Days of Wonder: Mr Browne's Precepts - R.J. Palacio


The One and Only Ivan - Katherine Applegate


Same Sun Here - Silas House and Neela Vaswani


Inside Out and Back Again - Thanhha Lai (see my review)


Sunburn Rising: Beneath the Fall - Aaron Safronoff


The Family Under the Bridge - Natalie Savage Carlson (see my review)





Hannah Coulter - Wendell Berry


Brown Girl Dreaming - Jacqueline Woodson (see my review)


Island of the Blue Dreams - Scott O'Dell (see my review)


Jayber Crow - Wendell Berry


Paperboy - Vince Vawter


The Boy on the Wooden Box: How the Impossible Became Possible - Leon Leyson


Night - Elie Wiesel


One Came Home - Amy Timberlake






Tasting the Sky: A Palestinian Childhood - Ibtisam Baraka


Persepolis: The Story of a Childhood - Marjane Satrapi


Where the Red Fern Grows - Wilson Rawls


My Side of the Mountain - Jean Craighead George (see my review)


I Hadn't Meant to Tell You This - Jacqueline Woodson


The Breadwinner - Deborah Ellis


Out of My Mind - Sharon M. Draper





Moon Over Manifest - Clare Vanderpool


A Long Walk to Water - Linda Sue Park


They Poured Fire on Us From the Sky: The True Story of Three Lost Boys from Sudan - Alephonsion Deng, Benson Deng, Benjamin Ajak


The Wall - Eve Bunting, Ronald Himler (illustrator)


Bridge to Terabithia - Katherine Paterson 


Charlotte's Web - E.B. White 


9/30


May 2017 10/30

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sincerely i was so crushed when my Husband of 8 years left me and moved to Texas to be with another woman. The pains was just too much for me to bear that I couldn't just bear it anymore. So i had to reached out to the Internet for help until i found out that DR ZUMA was the real deal. I almost gave up trying to get my Ex Husband back in having a happy, Lovely and a contented family again.. I had tried the whole lot I knew, and with your spells, blessings and extraordinary magical powers, you did all the work for me, which you have guaranteed me positive result in 4 DAYS, my Ex Husband came back to me and he was remorseful for the whole lot he has done. And now my life is balanced and i am happy again. DR ZUMA you did a great service to people, and I don't think many people had known about you. You are the diamond in the rough. Thank you DR ZUMA You are talented and you give off yourself so freely like you did to me. Thank you for weaving your magical love spells for me and MY HUSBAND. He is back to me just the way it was when we first met.. from the depths of my soul! I am immeasurably happy now.. now my man is back to me just in 3 DAYS, as you have said it..wow.. Thank you so much sir, Lots of appreciations.. Here is DR ZUMA Email: spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com. WhatsApp him +15068001647