Saturday 3 January 2015

Marais Mosaics

I love staying in new neighbourhoods on each visit to Paris, we've stayed in the 2nd/4th/5th/6th and 7th so far. Last visit we stayed in two places, first in the 6th and then in the 4th. I'd never really explored the Marais as much as we did last visit. It's a great area to stay- vibrant, with lots of shops and restaurants within easy reach. There were also many mosaics to brighten up your day.

Many streets had mosaic walls.

Rue des Rosiers

Cnr Rue Vieille du Temple and Rue du Roi de Sicile

My favourite mosaic I think
We walked past every day

Rue de Moussy



Mosaic street art too.

Mosaics at Musee Carnavalet- the Museum of the City of Paris- it's free and well worth a visit. 



The cafes had mosaic floors.

La Chaise au Plafond, Rue du Tresor
And walls

Le Pick-Clops, Rue Vieille du Temple

Even the Christmas decorations at BHV
were mosaic
Dreaming of France is a wonderful Monday meme
from Paulita at An Accidental Blog 

Saturday Snapshot is a wonderful weekly meme
 now hosted by 
WestMetroMommy

15 comments:

westmetromommy said...

I love those mosaics! When/If I ever get back to Paris, I'm going to keep my eye open for them!

Christine Harding said...

The mosaics are fantastic, especially the bird. Oh, I so want to visit Paris again! My Snapshot is at http://chriscross53.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/seagulls-and-crab-pots.html

Paulita said...

Louise, What a great eye for detail you have. Those mosaics are fab. I can't wait to look for them next time I'm in France. Happy New Year and thanks for playing along.

grammajudyb said...

Thanks so much for all your wonderful pictures of your Paris travels. I am sure I will never see Paris, but your photos make me feel like at least I know a bit of what it is like. Not just the Eiffel Tower!

Susan Lindquist said...

Rue de Moussy, my fave! Oh, to visit Paris! Lucky you, to have gone so many times to the City of Light!

Bonne Annee!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, gorgeous mosaics, and I am envious of anyone who gets to visit Paris. Maybe someday.

Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog.

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Your beautiful photos of Paris make me want to jump on an airplane and GO! The mosaics are lovely. I had no idea there were so many in Paris. When I go there, I'll be on the lookout for them.

Ginx Craft said...

What a wonderful compilation of mosaics. Love the little duck.

Brona said...

You may have had to work this week...but you will always have Paris to tickle your itchy feet :-)

I love the way you observe the world.

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

Your posts always make me want to go back to Paris. I want to see it as through your eyes. Happy New Year! Anne at Head Full of Books

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

You just need to move permanently to Paris, Louise, so that you can write a blog post like this every day for those of us who may never make it back there,

Esme said...

I am going to have to look for these next time I am there.

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

Wow, cool!

Paulita said...

The red is my favorite. Thanks for playing along with Dreaming of France. Here’s my Dreaming of France meme

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Thank you for sharing your photos, I will have to keep and eye out for these on my next visit. I love the Marais, have spent quite a few hours walking around this area, It is wonderful.