Saturday 11 October 2014

Lèche Vitrine #5

I'm going to Paris soon for the fourth time. It's starting to really preoccupy my thoughts. I love knowing that even though Paris is starting to get quite familiar for me, you still never know what really awaits. Where I will go. What I will see. What I will eat and drink.

Some activities are already planned and anticipated of course. Others will be happenstance. One thing I know though, I will peer into many, many windows, and possibly lick some of them. I've done it before. More than once. I do love browsing the windows of Paris. You never know what you'll find. They have everything from Hello Kitty and Kiss, to Tintin.

And there are always so many astounding shoes. Even if you have no desire whatsoever to buy any of them. They are fascinating. 

Poodle shoes on the Champs Elysee

Yes I think that says 1895

Dior at Le Bon Marche

Coral snakes on the Rue de Rivoli



Sadly Mr Wicker did not come home with these
1000 euro Mocassins Plume from Roberto Cavalli

or this snazzy suit
also by Roberto Cavalli

And if you ever need a mask for a masquerade ball, then Paris is the place to go.


Or if you want to pimp it up a bit. 

I can't wait. 

Dreaming of France is a wonderful Monday meme
from Paulita at An Accidental Blog 
Saturday Snapshot is a wonderful weekly meme
 now hosted by 
WestMetroMommy

13 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Wonderful shots! I love those shoes that are very artful. Thanks for sharing...and here's MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT POST

Susan Lindquist said...

Oh, what heels! Bon voyage, dearie!

Esme said...

Bon Voyage-when are you going? We should compare notes on what to do-do you have the book 100 things every woman should do in France. It has some interesting suggestions? Have you ever spent time in the old passage ways? Are you staying in Paris the entire time-feel free to email me.

Sandra Nachlinger said...

I love to window shop too. Those shoes are gorgeous, but I wonder if anyone actually buys them or wears them. Not my lifestyle, but wouldn't that be fun? I'd feel like Carrie Bradshaw in "Sex and The City." Have a great time in Paris.
My Saturday Snapshots today are from the Cinque Terre.

Jackie McGuinness said...

I so need those poodle shoes!

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I love it! The shoes are amazing!

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I've decided that we are going to France next week in my library. It's a big anniversary for Madeline (75th?) and I think I can throw together a costume. My library aide wanted to get into the spirit, too, so I'm bringing her some scarves for the week.

Take lots of photos. I wish I wasn't so jealous. It isn't really becoming.

grammajudyb said...

Oh My Gosh, I lust after those shoes. I would however, have to be....umm...45 years younger! A girl can dream!

skiourophile said...

Poodle shoes!!

Joy said...

Ha! I can't imagine wearing any of those shoes, but they sure are fun to look at!

Joy's Book Blog

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

I have done a post on Leche Vitrine too….love that phrase !

Paulita said...

Sometimes I wonder if I would buy $1000 shoes even if money were no object. These are amazing, but impossible to walk in. Maybe if you could afford the shoes you could also afford someone to carry you from place to place too.

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

I love the exotic shoes and they are a-plenty in Paris. Be sure to go to Galerie Vero Dodat which is just east of Palais Royal. There is a large Louboutin boutique there.

Bises,
Genie

ps- love the one that looks like it has a gold snake