Thursday 25 September 2014

27 Awesome Australian Books Every YA Fan Should Read

Buzzfeed has lots of fabulous lists. About all sorts of things, but I do like the book lists. Especially the list I'm sharing with you today. Even if I haven't read all that many of them.

1. Jasper Jones - Craig Silvey

2. On the Jellicoe Road - Melina Marchetta

3. Picnic at Hanging Rock - Joan Lindsay (see my review)

4. Cinnamon Rain - Emma Cameron (see my review)




5. Liar - Justine Larbalestier

6. Wildlife - Fiona Wood

7. Good Oil - Laura Buzo

8. Life in Outer Space - Melissa Keil

9. Zac & Mia - A.J Betts

10. Fury - Shirley Marr

11. Tomorrow, When the War Began - John Marsden

12. Graffiti Moon - Cath Crowley (see my review)

13. Stolen  - Lucy Christopher

14. Between the Lives - Jessica Shirvington

15. Obernewtyn - Isobelle Carmody

16. Every Breath - Ellie Marney

17. Puberty Blues - Kathy Lette and Gabrielle Carey

18. Beatle Meets Destiny - Gabrielle Williams

19. This is Shyness - Leanne Hall

20. The Messenger - Markus Zusak (see my review)

21. Girl Defective - Simmone Howell

22. Feeling Sorry for Celia - Jaclyn Moriarty (see my review)




23. Sabriel - Garth Nix

24. Girl Saves Boy - Steph Bowe

25. Sea Hearts - Margo Lanagan

26. The Simple Gift - Steven Herrick (see my review)

27. Raw Blue - Kirsty Eager

7/27

Rather an abysmal result for me. It is true that I've meant to read many of those books. But sadly that doesn't count.

Jan 2015 8/27

Dec 2016 9/27

2 comments:

Brona said...

I've reviewed Cinnamon Rain (loved it), Wildlife (so-so), Picnic at hanging Rock (adore it!) & Stolen (amazing freaky scary start that peters out).

Jasper Jones was one my whole family enjoyed, but I'm surprised that Looking For Alibrandi isn't on the list or Claire Zorn & Vicki Wakefield's books.

Louise said...

I remember your review of Cinnamon Rain Brona- which is why that book is the first one that I hope to read from this list. I loved Jasper Jones (Zombie Cheeses anyone?), but sadly haven't read Looking for Alibrandi ( for shame), Claire Zorn or Vicki Wakefield.