Thursday 3 July 2014

Paris books for kids from the Guardian

I do love a book list, and a Paris book list even more. We've seen a list about Americans in Paris, and now this list is from The Guardian last year, suggests books about Paris for kids. I really like this list as most of the titles were quite unfamiliar  for me. It's always great to add to the Paris TBR.












(see my review)


Such a wonderful and varied list. Certainly something for everyone. Kids or not. 


Books on France, a great 2014 challenge
 from Emma at 
Words and Peace


5 comments:

Brona said...

I have the Red Necklace on a TBR pile somewhere. I could pull it out for Paris in July!
Although maybe I should focus on Hugo first. Distraction is my biggest enemy re my TBR pile!

Louise said...

The Red Necklace was one of the books (and authors) that I'd never heard of before! I hope you get to reading it this month Brona- I'd love to hear what you think of it.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

A Hundred Million Francs is on our 1001 Children's Books You Must Read list, I think. I haven't read it, as I haven't read lots of the French books on the list, as it is not (apparently) widely available in English.

Louise said...

Yes it is Deb. I recognised the title. I've never seen a copy, I think it's out of print, and will be a challenge to find.

Anonymous said...

That is a varied list! I have taught A Tale of Two Cities for the past eight years and always look forward to re-reading it. I would love to check out a few of these other recommended books this summer.