Saturday 26 April 2014

Forage 2014

Forage is one of the key events for FOODWeek in Orange. And for good reason. Based on the Italian concept of Mangialonga, Forage is a glorious walk through open country, sampling the delights of the region.

Forage has happily become a tradition Chez Wicker. From the initial Forage in 2011, it has grown in leaps and bounds every year. 2012. 2013. The run of fine weather continued this year! Even though there was a wet lead up to Forage this year, the day itself was perfect yet again. This year 1000 people joined in the fun. And yet it never felt crowded or rushed.

Venison Prosciutto and Quince
Mandagery Creek Venison


Intrepid Foragers set off


Country Terrine with Cherry Compote
Michael Manners


The countryside was showing of its
autumnal best. 


The crowd at the pie station


Foraged Pine Saffron Cap & Swiss Brown Mushroom,
Leek, Gilgandra Chicken & Nashdale Apple Pies
The Agrestic Grocer


There's always time and energy for dancing


Braised Trunkey Creek Pork Neck with Potato Salad and Aoili
Edwena Mitchell Catering


Hand Pressed Shiraz Sorbet
Vindevie Vineyard


It was a perfect afternoon


Hazelnut Financier with Poached Fig
Kate Bracks

Lurking in the bush
 at Orange Highland Wines and Gardens
I can't wait for Forage 2015.


Saturday Snapshot is a wonderful weekly meme
 now hosted by 
WestMetroMommy


This post is linked to Weekend Cooking
a fabulous weekly meme at BethFishReads

19 comments:

Jackie McGuinness said...

This sounds like a fun event!!

Anonymous said...

Did I read 'pork neck'? I'm surprised. That's the most tender part and very tasty. I thought only in Chinese restaurants. Lovely post, wonderful pics!

Paulita said...

Yum. Looks like a fabulous walk and eat event. Here's Mine

Sandra Nachlinger said...

This looks like a delightful food adventure. So nice that the weather cooperated. Your photos made me hungry!

JoAnn said...

What a great event! Thanks for sharing your photos.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

What a delightful journey! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

(Diane) bookchickdi said...

What fun! Thanks for bringing us along.

Laurie C said...

What a fabulous event that looks like! What kind of dancing, I wonder? The food and the weather, everything looks perfect indeed!

Beth S. said...

This looks like such a fun event and in an absolutely gorgeous surrounding.

Carole said...

I agree - a great event - and it looks like it wasn't spoiled by being over crowded. Cheers from Carole's Chatter

grammajudyb said...

What an awesome event. And, thanks to my recent read and Wondrous Words Wednesday, I now know what a hazelnut financier is! *happy face*

Book of Secrets said...

How fun! The food looked delicious. Yum! Here’s my SNAPSHOT.

Brona said...

The Orange Mudgee Cowra region is so good with its food and wine trails now.
Sounds (and looks like this) is another fabulous event in their calender.

I hope we see more autumn colours from you in the next few weeks :-)

Couscous & Consciousness said...

Wow, what a fantastic event - I would love to attend something like that. The food looks amazing.

Susan Lindquist said...

Wow! What a fun event! I wish I could have participated!

Joy said...

This looks so fun! I haven't heard of anything quite like that around here.

Joy's Book Blog

Teddyree said...

Oh wow I'd love to attend this one, looks like such fun. I'm drooling over the little pies and pork neck. Yum!! and great pics too.

Beth F said...

Oh, I remember this from last year. I love this idea and the food looks awesome! So glad it's gaining steam and the weather was great.

Tina said...

What a fun post, love the photos!