Saturday 5 April 2014

As We Must Appear to the Hawk #7

Alain de Botton was in Australia recently promoting his new book News. I didn't get to see him sadly, and I haven't read News yet. I do still think of his Art of Travel each time I fly and look out of the window.

I had a window seat on my recent flight from Sydney to the Gold Coast.


Bondi


Pacific blue


Nelson's Bay


Surfer's Paradise

Burleigh Heads National Park
where I would walk a few days later
but didn't know that yet

Looking towards the Gold Coast Hinterland

Saturday Snapshot is a wonderful weekly meme now hosted by WestMetroMommy

10 comments:

Sean @ His And Her Hobbies said...

Love the photos. The photo of Bondi brings back memories of my City2Surf run last year. I also love how blue the Pacific looks. The Atlantic often looks murky compared to the Pacific.

Sean

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Beautiful clear photos!

Joy said...

Terrific photos. So cool that you got to walk at that National Park. I never think to take photos from the plane, but I love yours so I'm going to try to remember next time.

Joy's Book Blog

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely photos. The ocean views are outstanding. Australia is on my list of must-see places.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos. You got off some wonderful shots of the sky and land. Thanks for sharing.

Leslie (Under My Apple Tree) said...

Beautiful scenes. I'm always jealous of the hawks that can circle and circle, riding the thermals on a gorgeous day while we are stuck in airplanes! A hot air balloon might be the closest I'll get to flying.

Brona said...

I'm one of those weird people that prefer the aisle seats, esp for long trips. But going up the coast of Australia is always delightful.

I did the sunset flight from Mudgee to Sydney once in a little, little plane (only 6-8 seater from memory - the inflight service was an esky tucked under the front seat!)

The view of the sun setting on the cliffs of the Blue Mountains was stunning.

We do live in a beautiful country :-)

Paulita said...

Gorgeous. My pictures from planes never look that clear.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I love to fly. Lucky you...what a view!

Ginx Craft said...

Some beautiful shots, especially the coastal shots. Flights from London are usually straight up through the clouds.