Saturday 14 December 2013

As we must appear to the hawk #6

Recently I was lucky enough to fly to Adelaide. I hadn't been to Adelaide for several decades, and now I've been twice in the last 18 months or so. I like window seats on short flights, so booked a window seat both ways. This was my Sydney to Adelaide flight.

Botany Bay

Kurnell

The beautiful blue Pacific

The coast south of Sydney

The clouds were cool this particular day

The dams are emptying

I love this shot

Rivers are great to see

I like the contrast between manmade and natural patterns

This pond or dam looked like a silhouette 

Australia is vast



Crop circles?

The jacarandas were out in force
I mainly associate jacarandas with Sydney,
but it seems they are big in Adelaide too

A classic view of Adelaide coming in to land. 

I've shown you an Adelaide- Sydney flight before.

Saturday Snapshot is a wonderful weekly meme now hosted by WestMetroMommy

12 comments:

Brona said...

Fabulous snaps Louise.
Australia is so vast with so many empty spaces. I loved the patchwork quilts around the country towns and rivers.
It looks pretty dry all through NSW and SA though :-(

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos, Louise. ave a great weekend!

Joy said...

Terrific photos. Great to get a tour of Australia from the air. Especially this morning as I'm watching snow fall.

Joy's Book Blog

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I feel like I just took a little ride with you in Australia.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I really want to visit Australia! Love the name "Adelaide," and your shots showing us the true meaning of "birds eye view."

Thanks for visiting my blog.

westmetromommy said...

Those lovely skies make me want SUMMER! Are you sure I can't trade you some of our dreary weather for your summer weather????

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

LOL about the crop circles. I love being in the air and seeing the world look like a map!

Christine Harding said...

Ooh, what lovely photos - they really brought Australia to life, especially the coastline. I studied Australia for 'A' level many years ago, and never could get any of it straight in my head because it was so big, and so far away, but now I've learned lots from you and other bloggers. My Snapshot is at http://goo.gl/Yar0fo

bermudaonion said...

gorgeous photos!

Ginx Craft said...

Lovely photos, which also reminded me why geography was my favourite subject. Are they really man made crop circles? Very curious.

Anonymous said...

Wow - these are just amazing shots! Thanks for sharing!! -beth

Cipriano said...

Australia is so gorgeous. I've had a dream of going there ever since I read Bill Bryson's travel-book called In A Sunburned Country.
These pics remind me... I have to get there one day!