Monday 30 September 2013

Haute Couture

I had a Sensational trip to Paris in June and July of this year. We did so many amazing things. All sorts of different things, sightseeing, eating, concerts- as there is just so much to do in Paris on any given day. One of the great things we did was take in the free fashion retrospective, Paris Haute Couture at the Paris Town Hall (Mairie de Paris). It was great. 

And it was free!

Any excuse to visit the Town Hall is worth it 
It's an amazing building,
we'd walked past many times but this was our first venture inside
there are usually several exhibitions on there at any time
Sadly photos were interdit
so most of my photos are terrible
but the frocks were sensational
Fashion isn't really my thing, but the exhibition often paired a vintage piece with a newer frock, to show design elements over time. It was a celebration of design and craftmanship. And cleverly done. 





The ladies were well fascinated
and thoroughly enjoyed it
The boys amused themselves with a new game
Dr Who or Eurovision
(deciding if each piece would be better suited to be worn for Dr Who or Eurovision)

Dreaming of France is a wonderful Monday meme
from Paulita at An Accidental Blog

7 comments:

Paulita said...

What fun. My experience with fashion in Paris usually has to do with street markets. I am definitely not haute couture. Thanks for playing along. Here’s my Dreaming of France meme

Tea said...

I enjoyed your visit to France. The fashions are pretty. The French architecture is also beautiful. I didn't know about the Dreaming of France meme until reading it here. I've never been to France. I would just like to visit the blogs with posts about France. Glad you enjoyed your trip.

Unknown said...

Paris has always fascinated me. So glad you got to visit,Louise!

Joy said...

I like the way the guys entertained themselves. I'll have to get the Town Hall on my list for next time.

Joy's Book Blog

Jeanie said...

this is one of my favorite buildings and in my Paris stomping ground, about five or six blocks from where I stay. I think I'd love that exhibit!

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Undoubtedly non-readers wonder how there can possibly always be new stories coming out; I, as a non-fashionista, am curious as to how there can always be new fashion. Perhaps I need a visit to a fashion museum. I am certain it would surprise me.

bermudaonion said...

I'm not very fashionable but I do enjoy looking at fashion. Sounds like a fun exhibit!