Saturday 4 May 2013

A week by the lake

Last week we spent a lovely relaxing week on the shores of Lake Macquarie, an hour and a half north of Sydney. 

We walked by the lake every day. It was warm. It was lovely.




No matter whether it was morning. 




Or evening. 





We saw lots of interesting characters on our walks too. 

That cat was remarkably disinterested in the birds,
just sitting enjoying the sun
I love pelicans. 


He didn't move. But why
 would you when you've got such a great pozzie?

I'm quite disappointed with the picture quality this week- not sure what is happening, they're changing by the upload somehow becoming soft and blurry, and not my gorgeous sharp photos. Anyone else having photo problems with blogger? I can't find any photo settings, and certainly haven't changed anything. 

Actually, the image quality improves markedly when you click on a photo and look at it with the lightbox. 

Saturday Snapshot, is a wonderful weekly meme from at home with books

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Especially the second cloud photo!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Sadly, our lake is still frozen.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

What beautiful photos - so happy the weather has gotten nice.

Brona said...

Your photos looked fine to me Louise. I even enlarged them (and they looked even better). I think sometimes the preview part of blogger is a little out of whack.
I loved the sunset shots in particular - the sunsets at this time of year are just spectacular aren't they?

Alyce said...

I thought the first one was my favorite (so much blue!) until I saw the evening photos. They all look great to me!

Paulita said...

So peaceful. I'm jealous. Are you going to France soon? Hope you'll play Dreaming of France with me on Monday. Also, Emma at Words and Peace is starting something called France Book Tours and needs bloggers to read books set in France or interview authors, if you're interested. Here's My Saturday Snapshot

Leslie (Under My Apple Tree) said...

Very relaxing and serene, I think the dog sums it all up nicely.

About the fuzzy picture quality... I have the same problem with WordPress. Whatever compression algorithm they are using to resize the photos for the blog is causing the problem. To get around it I do my own compression and upload them in the display size. In my case that's 600 X 400, 72DPI.

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

Lovely. Simply lovely.

Swan Pond said...

Pics look beautiful in lightbox. Lake Macquarie is stunning.

Unknown said...

Great pictures, I particularly like the ones with the mist!Here are my pics for the week

Bonnie said...

These are great, I thoroughly enjoyed getting a peak into your world in Australia. I liked the pelican picture especially.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

The shots look beautiful to me, too; I enjoy anything with water and/or sky. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Beautiful. It makes me feel peaceful, just looking at these photos. It must be perfectly relaxing to actually be there.

Cipriano said...

These are just great pics, despite your disclaimer.
So relaxing.
Except for the person on that surfboard thing. But hey, maybe even that activity is relaxing! As for me [lazypants that I am] I like my boat to have not only a bottom, but sides to it!

Carol said...

Looks like a wonderful week. And the photos are great.

Martha Eskuchen said...

These are lovely - anytime of the day as you have captured. Interesting mode of transport on the water too!