Still Somewhat Fancy, Fancypants Magic Slice
1 1/2 cups crushed plain sweet biscuits
75 gm butter, melted
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1 cup chopped prunes
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup pepitas
395 gm tin sweetened condensed milk
1. Preheat oven to 160C (350F), then grease and line a 20 x 20 cm cake tin with baking paper.
2. Combine crushed biscuits and butter, then press this mixture into the base of the prepared tin.
3. Sprinkle the dark chocolate chips, then cherries, then coconut and pepitas onto the biscuit base. Pour the condensed milk evenly over the top.
4. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Check at 25 minutes- cover with foil if it is browning too much.
5. Cool in pan, cut into modest squares, or quite large greedy pieces.
I made mine Accidentally Gluten Free as I was using up the rice biscuits loitering at the back of the cupboard.
As ridiculous as it may seem when you're about to pour a whole tin of condensed milk onto something, I picked prunes because they're low GI! (29)
I'm planning on making it again and trying cranberries.
A visible layer of pepitas appears to deter male members of the household from eating this slice. They viewed it with great suspicion. All the better! It's delicious.